Anzac Day 6-pack (Level 15) 20% Discount
Explanation | HASS
Word Count: 402 | High Frequency Words: 30%
This book has been sensitively written for younger readers. Australians and New Zealanders are proud to wear poppies on the 25th of April (and Remembrance Day). Why do we wear poppies on Anzac Day? The explanation starts in France with orphaned children making poppies to raise money, during the first world war.
Teacher Edition: Anzac Day – Why We Wear Poppies ($7.00)
1. Same size as the student book – reproduces each student book double-page-spread
2. Page-by-page teacher support – around perimeter of each student book double-page-spread
3. Highlights the wealth of teaching opportunities contained double-page-spread – aligned to the Australian and state curriculums
4. Ideal checklist of skills and teaching essentials – English language/literacy, related curriculum content areas and more.
Teacher Edition features:
• Pre-reading questions – e.g. glossary-in-context and inquiry
• Teacher preparation – e.g. synopsis, comprehension strategies
• Visual literacy questions – e.g. images, diagrams
• Nonfiction literacy questions – e.g. subheadings, captions, labels
• Page-by-page lessons – e.g. aligned to content sequence
• Language features list – e.g. grammar and spelling
• Comprehension – nine strategies e.g. literal, visual, connection, synthesis and more
• Writing models – e.g. excerpt from double-page-spread for explicit instruction
• Curriculum activities – e.g. written to enable student independence.
More Australian-content titles:
SAVE Australian States and Territories Series Pack
7-book Pack (Level 31)