The Penguin Race 6-pack (Level 9) 30% Discount
Narrative Synopsis: A humorous story about three penguins (P1, P2 and P3) that decide to have a race down a snow-covered mountain. Includes mathematics language, such as P1, P2 and P3 (the penguin names); first, last, top, bottom etc. Supported by our Level 9 nonfiction Iceberg Life.
1. Same size as the student book – reproduces each student book double-page-spread
2. Page-by-page teacher support – around perimeter of each student book double-page-spread
3. Highlights the wealth of teaching opportunities contained double-page-spread – aligned to the Australian and state curriculums
4. Ideal checklist of skills and teaching essentials – English language/literacy, related curriculum content areas and more.
Teacher Edition features:
• Pre-reading questions – e.g. glossary-in-context and inquiry
• Teacher preparation – e.g. synopsis, comprehension strategies
• Visual literacy questions – e.g. images, diagrams
• Fiction literacy questions – e.g. precis, character and word study
• Page-by-page lessons – e.g. aligned to content sequence
• Language features list – e.g. grammar and spelling
• Comprehension – e.g. literal, visual, recall, prior knowledge and levelled inferential questions
• Writing models – e.g. excerpt from double-page-spread for explicit instruction
• Curriculum activities – e.g. written to enable student independence.
Snow (Level 8) nonfiction
Birds Birds Birds Birds New Edition (Level 10) nonfiction features Australian birds.
AUTUMN/WINTER Thematic Books Pack
10-book Pack (Levels 1–30)
NEW Prepare your underachieving Foundation Year students for our Levels 1 and 2.
Pre-levels 1–2 Pre-readers Pack