The Ant and the Elephant 6-pack (Level 12) 20% Discount
Word Count: 201 | High Frequency Words: 80%
Synopsis: Can an ant and an elephant become friends? Enjoy this folk tale about why we all need friends, big or small. The rude elephant ends up apologising to the ant with words such as, 'sorry' and 'thank you'.
Teacher Edition: The Ant and the Elephant (Only $7.00)
1. Same size as the student book – reproduces each student book double-page-spread
2. Page-by-page teacher support – around perimeter of each student book double-page-spread
3. Highlights the wealth of teaching opportunities contained double-page-spread – aligned to the Australian and state curriculums
4. Ideal checklist of skills and teaching essentials – English language/literacy, related curriculum content areas and more.
Teacher Edition features:
• Pre-reading questions – e.g. glossary-in-context and inquiry
• Teacher preparation – e.g. synopsis, comprehension strategies
• Visual literacy questions – e.g. images, diagrams
• Fiction literacy questions – e.g. precis, character and word study
• Page-by-page lessons – e.g. aligned to content sequence
• Language features list – e.g. grammar and spelling
• Comprehension – nine strategies e.g. literal, visual, connection, synthesis and more
• Writing models – e.g. excerpt from double-page-spread for explicit instruction
• Curriculum activities – e.g. written to enable student independence.
More related titles:
What is a Calf? (Level 5) Also features an elephant calf
Tusks and Teeth (Level 17) Also features an elephant's tusks
Teeny-Weeny Animals (Level 23) A chapter about ants, and the whole nonfiction has an ant character separately featured along the bottom of each page saying cute yet informative comments.