The Fly and the Tadpole 6-pack (Level 12) 20% Discount
Synopsis: A mean fly doesn’t speak politely to a tadpole. But something changes! This story has many themes, such as values and life cycles.
The Fly and the Tadpole Teacher Edition (Only $7.00)
1. Same size as the student book – reproduces each student book double-page-spread
2. Page-by-page teacher support – around perimeter of each student book double-page-spread
3. Highlights the wealth of teaching opportunities contained double-page-spread – aligned to the Australian and state curriculums
4. Ideal checklist of skills and teaching essentials – English language/literacy, related curriculum content areas and more.
Teacher Edition features:
• Pre-reading questions – e.g. glossary-in-context and inquiry
• Teacher preparation – e.g. synopsis, comprehension strategies
• Visual literacy questions – e.g. images, diagrams
• Fiction literacy questions – e.g. precis, character and word study
• Page-by-page lessons – e.g. aligned to content sequence
• Language features list – e.g. grammar and spelling
• Comprehension – nine strategies e.g. literal, visual, connection, synthesis and more
• Writing models – e.g. excerpt from double-page-spread for explicit instruction
• Curriculum activities – e.g. written to enable student independence.
More values-related titles:
Big Fish Little Fish (Level 11) narrative about a big fish that bullies a smaller fish, but the smaller fish outsmarts it.
Gilbert the Goofy Guppy (Level 18) narrative about an attention-seeking guppy with consequences.