Yes, Fries Please! 6-pack (Level 19) 20% Discount
Inquiry question: Are fries healthy to eat? This nonfiction book traces the journey of potatoes – from Spanish explorers' discovery in South America to early uses of potatoes. Image-based procedures show how we can grow potatoes at home to simple healthy recipes for cooking fries. Image and captions show meal ideas to show what we can eat with fries to create more balanced meals.
Yes, Fries Please! Teacher Edition (Only $7.00)
1. Same size as the student book – reproduces each student book double-page-spread
2. Page-by-page teacher support – around perimeter of each student book double-page-spread
3. Highlights the wealth of teaching opportunities contained double-page-spread – aligned to the Australian and state curriculums
4. Ideal checklist of skills and teaching essentials – English language/literacy, related curriculum content areas and more.
Teacher Edition features:
• Pre-reading questions – e.g. glossary-in-context and inquiry
• Teacher preparation – e.g. synopsis, comprehension strategies
• Visual literacy questions – e.g. images, diagrams
• Nonfiction literacy questions – e.g. subheadings, captions, labels
• Page-by-page lessons – e.g. aligned to content sequence
• Language features list – e.g. grammar and spelling
• Comprehension – nine strategies e.g. literal, visual, connection, synthesis and more
• Writing models – e.g. excerpt from double-page-spread for explicit instruction
• Curriculum activities – e.g. written to enable student independence.
More food-related titles:
Pancakes (Level 11) image-based procedure
Bread Feeds the World (Level 16) Includes image-based procedures for damper and NZ Maori bread.
Amazing Milk (Level 20) information report