Jake Hates the Cat Box 6-pack (Level 20) 20% Discount
Synopsis: This story provides oral language opportunities to discuss how cats should be transported in cars. An insight into Jake's character as he vividly describes his feelings before he is put into the cat box, and during the car journey. This story ends well for Jake, as he arrives at a fun place for a holiday. Also at Level 20: Jake the Grumpy Cat.
Jake Hates the Cat Box Teacher Edition (Only $7.00)
1. Same size as the student book – reproduces each student book double-page-spread
2. Page-by-page teacher support – around perimeter of each student book double-page-spread
3. Highlights the wealth of teaching opportunities contained double-page-spread – aligned to the Australian and state curriculums
4. Ideal checklist of skills and teaching essentials – English language/literacy, related curriculum content areas and more.
Teacher Edition features:
• Pre-reading questions – e.g. glossary-in-context and inquiry
• Teacher preparation – e.g. synopsis, comprehension strategies
• Visual literacy questions – e.g. images, diagrams
• Nonfiction literacy questions – e.g. subheadings, captions, labels
• Page-by-page lessons – e.g. aligned to content sequence
• Language features list – e.g. grammar and spelling
• Comprehension – nine strategies e.g. literal, visual, connection, synthesis and more
• Writing models – e.g. excerpt from double-page-spread for explicit instruction
• Curriculum activities – e.g. written to enable student independence.