The Weirdest Pet Day 6-pack (Level 20) 20% Discount
Synopsis: A humorous story guaranteed to engage students (and teachers) as the student characters exaggerate the physical and behavioural characteristics of their 'pets' that will appear at the school's pet day. The teacher character allows their exaggerations to encourage student creativity and engagement. Support this book with our Vets and Pets Thematic Books Pack (14 readers Levels 1–31) which includes our new Very Valued Vets (Level 31).
The Weirdest Pet Day Teacher Edition (Only $7.00)
1. Same size as the student book – reproduces each student book double-page-spread
2. Page-by-page teacher support – around perimeter of each student book double-page-spread
3. Highlights the wealth of teaching opportunities contained double-page-spread – aligned to the Australian and state curriculums
4. Ideal checklist of skills and teaching essentials – English language/literacy, related curriculum content areas and more.
Teacher Edition features:
• Pre-reading questions – e.g. glossary-in-context and inquiry
• Teacher preparation – e.g. synopsis, comprehension strategies
• Visual literacy questions – e.g. images, diagrams
• Nonfiction literacy questions – e.g. subheadings, captions, labels
• Page-by-page lessons – e.g. aligned to content sequence
• Language features list – e.g. grammar and spelling
• Comprehension – nine strategies e.g. literal, visual, connection, synthesis and more
• Writing models – e.g. excerpt from double-page-spread for explicit instruction
• Curriculum activities – e.g. written to enable student independence.
More titles about school and pets:
Fun After School (Level 1) Nonfiction
Cats are the Best Pets (Level 16) Nonfiction Exposition
Are Fish Popular Pets? (Level 18) Nonfiction Discussion