(Paired Fiction) The Forbidden Cupboard (Level 27) 10% discount
The Forbidden Cupboard is paired with The Chronomobile Mystery (Level 28)
and this mystery/adventure story is written from the Grandfather's perspective – in the past and in the present.
SAVE and Buy all 16 Paired Fiction READERS
PAIRED FICTION Books Set
SAVE and Buy all 16 Paired Fiction TEACHER EDITIONS
PAIRED FICTION Teacher Editions Set
1. Same size as the student book – reproduces each student book double-page-spread
2. Page-by-page teacher support – around perimeter of each student book double-page-spread
3. Highlights the wealth of teaching opportunities contained double-page-spread – aligned to the Australian and state curriculums
4. Ideal checklist of skills and teaching essentials – English language/literacy, related curriculum content areas and more.
• Pre-reading questions – e.g. glossary-in-context and inquiry
• Teacher preparation – e.g. synopsis, comprehension strategies
• Visual literacy questions – e.g. images, diagrams
• Fiction literacy questions – e.g. precis, character and word study
• Page-by-page lessons – e.g. aligned to content sequence
• Language features list – e.g. grammar and spelling
• Comprehension – nine strategies e.g. literal, visual, connection, synthesis and more
• Writing models – e.g. excerpt from double-page-spread for explicit instruction
• Curriculum activities – e.g. written to enable student independence.
PAIRED FICTION are UNIQUE pairs of fiction – each pair shares the same storyline but they are written from different characters' perspectives, and usually set in different time periods. Key vocabulary is repeated between each paired fiction.
Use for ENGLISH CURRICULUM Examining Literature
• Year 1: “Discuss features of plot, character and setting in different types of literature and explore some features of characters in different texts.” ACARA ACELT 1584
• Year 2: “Discuss the characters and settings of different texts and explore how language is used to present these features in different ways.” ACARA ACELT 1591
• Year 3: “Discuss how language is used to describe the settings in texts, and explore how the settings shape the events and influence the mood of the narrative.” ACARA ACELT 1599
VICTORIAN ENGLISH CURRICULUM 'Examining Literature' and 'Texts in Context'
(VCELY 220, LEVEL 2) Texts in Context "Discuss different texts on a similar topic, identifying similarities and differences between the texts."
(VCELT 219, LEVEL 2) Examining Literature "Discuss the characters and settings of different texts and explore how language is used to present these features in different ways."
(VCELT 253, LEVEL 3) Examining Literature "Discuss how language is used to describe the settings in texts, and explore how the settings shape the events and influence the mood of the narrative."