Costume Changes 6-pack (Level 22)
Report | Arts/Culture/Heritage
Synopsis: The book features a chapter about children and their families, from around the world, who go to Turkey to celebrate Turkey’s Children’s Day in April. It is a time for wearing traditional costumes and performing songs and dances representative of their countries. Another chapter features Indigenous Australians and how they use painted symbols on their bodies to share stories of their culture. Plus more fascinating costumes from around the world.
Teacher Edition - Costume Changes (Only $8.00 each)
1. Same size as the student book – reproduces each student book double-page-spread
2. Page-by-page teacher support – around perimeter of each student book double-page-spread
3. Highlights the wealth of teaching opportunities contained double-page-spread – aligned to the Australian and state curriculums
4. Ideal checklist of skills and teaching essentials – English language/literacy, related curriculum content areas and more.
Teacher Edition features:
• Pre-reading questions – e.g. glossary-in-context and inquiry
• Teacher preparation – e.g. synopsis, comprehension strategies
• Visual literacy questions – e.g. images, diagrams
• Nonfiction literacy questions – e.g. subheadings, captions, labels
• Page-by-page lessons – e.g. aligned to content sequence
• Language features list – e.g. grammar and spelling
• Comprehension – nine strategies e.g. literal, visual, connection, synthesis and more
• Writing models – e.g. excerpt from double-page-spread for explicit instruction
• Curriculum activities – e.g. written to enable student independence.