Extreme Survival 6-pack (Level 29)
Nonfiction | Report | Geography/Environment/Health
How do people live in extreme environments? People must find solutions to overcome the challenges of living in very hot, cold, wet, crowded or isolated places.
Extreme Survival (Teacher Edition - Level 29) (Only $8.00 each)
1. Same size as the student book – reproduces each student book double-page-spread
2. Page-by-page teacher support – around perimeter of each student book double-page-spread
3. Highlights the wealth of teaching opportunities contained double-page-spread – aligned to the Australian and state curriculums
4. Ideal checklist of skills and teaching essentials – English language/literacy, related curriculum content areas and more.
Teacher Edition features:
• Pre-reading questions – e.g. glossary-in-context and inquiry
• Teacher preparation – e.g. synopsis, comprehension strategies
• Visual literacy questions – e.g. images, diagrams
• Nonfiction literacy questions – e.g. subheadings, captions, labels
• Page-by-page lessons – e.g. aligned to content sequence
• Language features list – e.g. grammar and spelling
• Comprehension – nine strategies e.g. literal, visual, connection, synthesis and more
• Writing models – e.g. excerpt from double-page-spread for explicit instruction
• Curriculum activities – e.g. written to enable student independence.