(paired fiction) Blackspit: The Buccaneer's Birthday (Teacher Edition - Level 24)
PAIRED FICTION are UNIQUE pairs of fiction – each pair shares the same storyline but they are written from different characters' perspectives, and usually set in different time periods. Key vocabulary is repeated between each paired fiction.
Same size as its related student reader, makes it easy to store, light to take home for preparation, and easy to use in guided reading. Complete page-by-page teaching lessons for explicit instruction. This teacher edition highlights the wealth of teaching opportunities contained on every page in Blackspit. The curriculum links are listed below. The Teacher Edition features:
• Teacher preparation
• Pre-reading discussion
• Page-by-page lessons
• Comprehension questions (visual, literal, inferential, synthesis, connection, prediction, questioning, importance)
• Visual and title literacy
• Reading/writing models
• Language and literacy features
• In-context independent activities
SAVE and Buy all 16 Paired Fiction READERS
PAIRED FICTION Books Set
SAVE and Buy all 16 Paired Fiction TEACHER EDITIONS
PAIRED FICTION Teacher Editions Set
Use for ENGLISH CURRICULUM Examining Literature
• Year 1: “Discuss features of plot, character and setting in different types of literature and explore some features of characters in different texts.” ACARA ACELT 1584
• Year 2: “Discuss the characters and settings of different texts and explore how language is used to present these features in different ways.” ACARA ACELT 1591
• Year 3: “Discuss how language is used to describe the settings in texts, and explore how the settings shape the events and influence the mood of the narrative.” ACARA ACELT 1599
VICTORIAN ENGLISH CURRICULUM 'Examining Literature' and 'Texts in Context'
(VCELY 220, LEVEL 2) Texts in Context "Discuss different texts on a similar topic, identifying similarities and differences between the texts."
(VCELT 219, LEVEL 2) Examining Literature "Discuss the characters and settings of different texts and explore how language is used to present these features in different ways."
(VCELT 253, LEVEL 3) Examining Literature "Discuss how language is used to describe the settings in texts, and explore how the settings shape the events and influence the mood of the narrative."