The Literacy Tower
(35% Discount) Dog Books SET + FREE Guide Dog 6-pack
For Guide Dog Day 27 April, 2022 – a great way to start Term 2, 2022
FREE 6-pack Guide Dog (Level 5) usually $44.75
DOG Books Pack (7 titles) 35% Discount Price $41.50
1 x Guide Dog Teacher Edition (usually $7.00) LEVEL 5 (page-by-page support)
1 x Train Your Dog (usually $8.95) LEVEL 4 (FY–Y1 nonfiction)
1 x Yelp Help! (usually $8.95) LEVEL 4 (FY–Y1 fiction, drama)
1 x Mr McFurtle Trains His Puppy (usually $9.95) LEVEL 16 (FY–Y2 fiction, humour)
1 x The Biggest and Best Bone (usually $9.95) LEVEL 18 (Y1–Y2 fiction, humour)
1 x Bark Baxter Bark (usually $9.45) LEVEL 23 (Y1–Y2 fiction, drama)
1 x Jump Up (usually $8.95) LEVEL 1 (FY–Y1 fiction)
DISCOUNTED Thematic Books SETS
To cater for a wide range of reading abilities in the classroom, each set is made up of a range of thematically linked leveled readers – all beautifully designed.
Vets and Pets Books Set
Procedure Books Set
Guide Dog Teacher Edition
Page-by-page support to build nonfiction reading skills.
1. Same size as the student book – reproduces each student book double-page-spread
2. Page-by-page teacher support – around perimeter of each student book double-page-spread
3. Highlights the wealth of teaching opportunities contained double-page-spread – aligned to the Australian and state curriculums
4. Ideal checklist of skills and teaching essentials – English language/literacy, related curriculum content areas and more.
• Pre-reading questions – e.g. glossary-in-context and inquiry
• Teacher preparation – e.g. synopsis, comprehension strategies
• Visual literacy questions – e.g. images, diagrams
• Nonfiction literacy questions – e.g. subheadings, captions, labels
• Page-by-page lessons – e.g. aligned to content sequence
• Language features list – e.g. grammar and spelling
• Comprehension – e.g. literal, visual, recall, prior knowledge and levelled inferential questions
• Writing models – e.g. excerpt from double-page-spread for explicit instruction
• Curriculum activities – e.g. written to enable student independence.